Balkan kuivana... :(

Koskimelonnan yleinen keskustelu

Valvojat: mikktaho, AnttiP, ville

IlkkaT

Balkan kuivana... :(

Viesti Kirjoittaja IlkkaT »

Juttelin Aarnen M:n Slovenialaisen Matic kontaktin kanssa kesän Socan suunitelmista.

Socassa virtaa nyt vain 20 mottia, eikä vuorilla ei ole merkittävästi lunta. Hänen mielestään kannattaa ennemmin suunnata näillä näkymin Norjaan kesällä, jos ei ala sataa.

"Depending on water level- atm we have soon to be called drought- not a lot of water neither snowpack in the mountains...

...Probably much better idea Norway. Atm pretty low for snow melting period. Cca 20m3/s

Still ok but not promising for summer months

I wish to have a rainy summer.

...A rain can change situation in no time. It hasn't substantially rained for like 2months- last time was predominantly snowfall. " -Matic Terčelj, Kamp Koren, Soca, Slovenia
Viesti:

Re: Balkan kuivana... :(

Viesti Kirjoittaja ville »

Pienillä virtaamilla löytyy hyviä skirttipaikkoja. upotteluvene matkaan vaan.
Kirkkaassa vedessä syvissä kanjoneissa pääsee tiirailemaan kalaparvien toimia, siis snorkkeli kanssa mukaan.
Jouni

Viesti Kirjoittaja Jouni »

No, ei täällä Norjassakaan kovin lumista ole. Lännessä enemmän kuin idässä. Tutkitaan tilannetta päivänvalossa Oppdalissa .
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja ville »

Kesäkuussa 2016 oltiin lähdössä perislovenialaisessa kaatosateessa Pepin ja Eliaksen viimesen lomapäivän melonnalle socalle.
Siinä oli ropsutellut vettä koko yön ja aateltiin että vois olla hyvä tarkistaa vesimäärä. Aamucroissant ostosten lomassa piipahdettiin viereiseen raftingputiikkiin jossa kaveri silmät loistaen hehkuttaa virtaaman nousseen yhdessä yössä 30m3 130m3.
Notta elekää hätäilkö :-)
T:Allu!
cristian_emil

Viesti Kirjoittaja cristian_emil »

July and August are always rain-dependent there. June is probably still fine.

BTW, Julian Alps/Soca is not in the balkans, same as Finland is not Scandinavia.
Halla

Viesti Kirjoittaja Halla »

cristian_emil kirjoitti: 20.4.2017 10:55 BTW, Julian Alps/Soca is not in the balkans, same as Finland is not Scandinavia.
Actually Slovenian part where Soca is located is (usually) considered to be part of the Balkans, if you define the border politically & culturally instead of using geographical definition. There is a difference between the Balkan peninsula & the Balkans, latter being the political definition. :)

I hope there will be enough water in Soca in summer though - was planning to partake in kayak school there. :)
IlkkaT

cristian_emil kirjoitti: 20.4.2017 10:55 July and August are always rain-dependent there. June is probably still fine.
:shock:
So you just spontaniusly know better than a local professional guide, who is running his own camping ground &kayak school...

Introspektion?!
Has any1 seen Emils introspektion in their bag?
Could some1 at least borrow some to Emil, please.
cristian_emil

Check this out: http://www.facebook.com/Gene17Kayaking/
There's a video posted 2 hours ago from Simon's page. Looks good to me.

I know Matic personally, we met a few times in Finland and Norway. Let's say his preferred water level is a little bit different than what a normal class 3 paddler would enjoy. I've been 2 times to Soca, one time with Igor. And yes, I did approach the subject of water levels as we were at the end in July. It might be that I have more knowledge than "a friend of a friend" but don't take my word for granted. By all means, check the water levels when you go there, as Alina said, it might be different from evening to morning. Like, ~100 cumecs different.

Hitorically, Soca valley and Julian Alps were mostly part of Italy and sporadically part of Austria (see battle of Caporetto which was renamed Kobarid. Soca also was named Isonzo for much longer than it carried the current name). Neither of these 2 countries are or ever were in the balkans, geographically or "politically". Only relatively late, the area became part of Slovenia, sometime at the end of first war, when both italian armies and austirans were weakened or defeated.
cristian_emil

I must admit I didn't understand the introspection part. I did a little bit of google: "introspection is the ability of a program to examine the type or properties of an object at runtime." I figured it out, even if I didn't know that actually has a name (you learn something new every day). Here it is, I wrote a short example:

Koodi: Valitse kaikki

{
   if([party isKindOfClass:[Person class]])
   {
      if([party isMemberOfClass:[dmbnut class]])
         chat_write(void);
      else if([party isMemberOfClass:[rlbl class]])
         chat_write(party);
      else
         error();
   }
   else
   {
      error();
   }
}
If you though refer to psychological term, then there's a debate about it being usefull, since like 18th century, essentially most authors say its a closed feedback loop (that one tends to amplify noise/errors).

Thanks for the subject, though.
IlkkaT

:shock:
So now you know geopolitical group of Slovenia better than Encyclopedia Britannica.

Kuva

Can write Xsample of introspection, in mundane programmin (would U care to write the Xsample in from of a poem, draw a flowChart or at least write it in academic Java?).

Are greater author than a local guide on water levels who says it is currently not worth a trip to go to Soca...

Hip hip hurray for U!
:roll:
IlkkaT

cristian_emil kirjoitti: 21.4.2017 11:26 Check this out: http://www.facebook.com/Gene17Kayaking/
There's a video posted 2 hours ago from Simon's page. Looks good to me.
Kuva

This looks good to U Emil?

Kuva

I kind of prefer this!

We may have a slighty different idea of what "grade 3" paddling is...
cristian_emil

It looks like a great buff! Paddle towards the sky and landed on the tail. Congrats!
Vastaa Viestiin